Utilibill takes its obligations under the Privacy Act seriously and take all reasonable steps in order to comply with the Act and protect the privacy of the personal information that we hold. This policy sets out how we intend to do so.
The Policy applies to customers, end customers, candidates & clients who provide us with their personal information.
Your privacy is important to Utilibill.
This privacy statement provides information about the personal information that Utilibill collects, and the ways in which Utilibill uses that personal information.
Personal information collection
Utilibill may collect and use the following kinds of personal information:
- information that you provide, for the purpose of registering for a trial including your name, your email address, your phone number and the company you have registered as;
- information about transactions carried out over this website, our application and customer portal sites including;
- information that you provide for the purpose of subscribing to the website services and any other information that you send to Utilibill.
- footprint information about the pages visited on our website and within our web applications, the duration of time on each page and the geolocation your remote device was at during the time of the visit as determined by your browsers IP Address.
Using personal information
Utilibill may use your personal information to:
- activate access to a 30 day trial of our platform
- personalise the website for you;
- enable your access to and use of the website services;
- supply to you services that you purchase or trial for free
- send to you statements and invoices;
- collect payments from you; and
- send you very occasional marketing communications.
Using your customers personal information
Utility companies utilise Utilibill as their billing and customer enablement platform. These utilities capture customer data that is required to manage the customer life cycle. We capture and store information required for provisioning, energisation, de-energisation, service activation, IPND, payment processing, issuing of bills, reminders, and collection notices. Utilibill may use customers personal information to interact with approved 3rd parties. This disclosure is limited to approved 3rd parties required to complete the customer management functions listed above.
Where Utilibill discloses your personal information to its agents or sub-contractors for these purposes, the agent or sub-contractor in question will be obligated to use that personal information in accordance with the terms of this privacy statement.
In addition to the disclosures reasonably necessary for the purposes identified above, Utilibill may disclose your personal information to the extent that it is required to do so by law, in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings, and in order to establish, exercise or defend its legal rights.
Customer data will never be sold by Utilibill to any third parties.
Securing your data
Utilibill will take technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
Utilibill will store all the personal information you provide on secured servers.
Information relating to electronic transactions entered into via this website will be protected by encryption technology.
Updating this statement
You should check this page occasionally to ensure you are familiar with any changes.
This website contains links to other websites.
Utilibill is not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of any third party.